Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty
13,765 Posts
I am very sorry for your family's loss Dawg. I bet he was a cool dude. I lost some family in Nam. Sad to go on this long and that stuff still will kill you, I am just really sorry for the loss ..Your family is in my prayers......Cole

·
one full turn after it squeeks
1,173 Posts
Bummer, Dawg, I sure hate to see one of our "Heroes" pass away - - - I thank our Vets every night in my prayers for providing us with the life that we enjoy here in our Free Country.

My condolences to your Sis and his Family and Friends for this loss.

R.I.P. Vito

·
Registered
10,928 Posts
Sorry for your loss. I actually sprayed some of that stuff from the back end of a C-123, and a C-130. I am listed on the Agent Orange registry, and have had tests for it. I have not had any problems to date unless you can count high blood pressure and unexplained spots on my legs. I was really worried about my kids, especially when my Daughter got pregnant. She told her doctor about her dad being exposed to Agent Orange and they ran a battery of tests on her before our first Grandson was born and they all came back negative. He is very healthy and very smart...thank God. So far my kids have had no problems either.

Vince

·
Registered
267 Posts
There's no part of any war that's nice...

Man's inhumanity to man. Whether that be the start of the war or the way it's waged, it's simply not nice stuff and the ramifications can (as we all know) continue for hundreds of years.

My condolences to your sister and yourself on your loss. 'Cool dudes' are becoming way too thin on the ground.

·
Not Considered a Senior Member
10,722 Posts
My best to your family. To him I salute and thank for my freedom.
Since I`ve always had interest in the Nam I`ve seen the video several times. Amazing how you can watch a video from way back when and not know any of them then you find later you find somebody that knew them.

·
boatbob2
1,385 Posts
Agnt Orange......

HI,i can tell you first hand about agent orange,i have a hole in my throat,caused by the cancer from getting both vocal cords removed 14 years ago.and now speak using a hand held electronic device called a servox.Agent Orange is still killing the vietnam (and also some Thailand vets)2 years in Vietnam,and sprayed at least 5 times,though,most of us had NO IDEA what it was,or what the later effects would be.i was the staff ammunition inspector in Qui Nhon ammo depot.as far as i can find out 19 guys that worked there,died from exposure to agent orange.and its a helluva way to die. my condolences to your sister and family. AND,no,we did not lose that war the G--D--- politicians did.

·
Registered
281 Posts
thoughts are with you from down under too guys.I worked with a lady whos husband served in nam.He used to have flashbacks and dissapear for days or even weeks.He would be found living up trees or similar.Our guys here also suffer from that orange crapola too.

Terrible what some have to endure for little or no thanks!!

grrrrrrr

russ
later gator :mad:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.