Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love what a custom painter can do, there are some real artists out there, and here! When the "Real flames" came along, being I loved drawing flames all over the desks at school and still put them on everything identifying me (my nick name is "The Flame") I just couldn't buy into the "real flame" style, but that has all changed and I love it now if like any other custom treatment it's used in the right place.
Well today I got up to an amazing sun rise with the clouds looking like a custom painter painted them and I went to google image looking for a good photo of "Real flames" to show a friend who wouldn't understand and I found this photo, this is the best REAL looking fire paint I have ever seen, amazing!

Brian

·
Faith - Respect - Trust
3,528 Posts
Well Brian, that is the best I've ever seen as well...It's amazing and a lot of talent there. They look so real that if I would have done that job, I would have air brushed a fire extinguisher beside it. LOL.

Ray

·
Banned
2,474 Posts
needs to be in the wheel wel.
there is a ford flare side like 2001 it's black.. and his starts in the wheel well and goes from there.. including those wheel plates to keep the brake dust off the rims and or hide drum brakes. flames on that and the rims..
at the local car show he used model train smoke fluid to cause smoke just randomly at times.. people where freaking out from across the field..
it was a howl

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've got this one in my files as an example of "stunning" tru-fire!!!

The difference (obviously) is the black smoke. It gives the flames something to contrast against... to make them seem "brighter" and "hotter". If they were bordered with white, they would not look so powerful!

A great job, "fer shur"! :)~

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
real 911

I read a couple years ago a guy had REAL FLAMES painted on his black helicopter to match his truck. , I think it was in Oregon, He decided to go out for breakfast and land behind his favorite restraunt in a field. several people saw it comming down and called 911.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
The first... "real fire"... "trufire"... "photo realistic flames".. job that I remember seeing was a Bonneville Salt Flats racer that was in magazine coverage in the late '80s. I think it was a gray fenderless '30s coupe.

I thought it was very interesting, so I showed it to a number of customers and started trying to promote them, but nobody was interested.

...and here we are 25 years later............. :)

I guess you have to wait until something grabs national attention, before most people will consider it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.