Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Chevy C-10
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve a question concerning rear ends. My project I’m building is a 68 Chevy C-10 engine will be a 383 stroker 450 hp with a turbo 400 and 3100 rpm stall converter. My truck will be driven not an everyday driver but 3-4 times a week and drive to and from car shows. What would be an ideal rear end set up for my application? Keep in mind my truck will never see a drag strip and I’m building this truck with also with some summer cruises in mind. Thanks to all. Mike

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Mike, I've tried a bunch of different rear suspensions and settled on air bags with either triangle 4 bar or parallel 4 bars. The bags are cheaper than coilovers and to adjust them is simply a push of the button. No need for a volume tank or fancy solenoid valves. Just a compressor and air lines running to the bags, electrics to a button on the dash. Throw all your stuff in back, cruise to a show and air down a bit.

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
923 Posts
If you aren't trying to make a drag car, that 3100 TC is a bit high. I used a 2400 and very happy as my daily driver, and/but I drive in lockup all the time...

·
1949 Ford Coupe RESURRECTION
923 Posts
Well the high revving hot rodders will completely disagree with me but I put a jaguar xjs 2.88 in the judge with a 700R4 with selectable lockup in second third and fourth or forth only or none at all if I choose. All behind a low compression 383 and I burn regular gas and get nearly 15 miles a gallon on the highway and 1500 RPM at 60 MPH and I love it! But that's just me. I suppose it's all about personal preferences.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts