Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 34 ford coupe frame ,would like to put in a lincoln 460 in it that i took out of a 1969 continental. the front sump oil pan is in the way of the steering mechanics. should i just cut the pan and reverse it, then extend the pickup to the rear or is there a kit out there that does this or is this a bad idea because of some oiling problem? :(

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rear sump

did ford make a rear sump for one of there trucks?...I seem to recall something about that..maybe i just dreamt it due to wishful thinking..I am leaning towards doing the slice, reverse then reweld trick as this is a very tight budget rod. the pickup tube and dip stick will be fabricated also. I am thinkin as long as i keep the pickuptube in the same relative place in the rear as in the front Ill be ok...

·
aka Duke of URL
4,815 Posts
Yes, there was a ECONOLINE 460 rear sump pan (Mid-Seventies-Early Eighties).

D5UZ 6675-A Pan
D5UZ 6622-A Pickup
D9HZ 6345-A Main Cap Bolt (Has stud to accept pickup tube brace)

It is similiar in appearance to the dual sump shown in the above post. There will still be a small hump at the front to accept the oil pump.

Read MILODON (and other oil pan tech) to properly position sump pickup if fashioning own.

·
The Maintenance Geek
263 Posts
The mid '70s...

4X4 pick-ups also had a rear sump pan, but had
clearance for the exhaust to run under it between
the pan and the bell housing...

K

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
rearsump pan

as long as it has front clearance for my rack steering looks like its time to scour the junkyards for mid 70s ford 4x4 trucks w/ BB's ..of course will go with a new pump ... :thumbup:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rear sump

geeesh..maybe we should put all this info somewhere...there has got to be others out there somewhere that would want to know this stuff..thanks all so much for your input... :welcome:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts