Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In your opinion which option is best to setup a nine inch rearend?

A triangulated offset four bar and coil overs or parallel four bar and torsion bars with coil overs?

Or perhaps you can persaude me to go a different route. Looking for good straight line stability and superior cornering ability with little to no roll movement and no front end push. :welcome:

·
Race it, Don't rice it!
7,734 Posts
Torsion bar and a coilover?

Why??

My favorite, two link and coilover's. panhard bar behind rear axle. Same adjustment's but less complex.

Four bar cars are body roll dependant to free them up in the middle with bar angle.

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
rossco said:
In your opinion which option is best to setup a nine inch rearend?

A triangulated offset four bar and coil overs or parallel four bar and torsion bars with coil overs?

Or perhaps you can persaude me to go a different route. Looking for good straight line stability and superior cornering ability with little to no roll movement and no front end push. :welcome:
There is only one answer. Truck link is the best, NASCAR. But it takes up room.

or as a second choice, IMO, the triangulated 4 bar.

If you do a suspension that needs a centering link, Watts link is preferred over panhard bar or track bar since the P-bar has different roll centers right to left. As you indicated by your saying "no roll movement", you probably understand that.

There are 2 recent articles if you want, I will try to find them and post here.

Somebody is making a kit for the truck-link now. Neat and well done, from what I have seen. :thumbup:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
finally ran across this
That is an excellent article. It doesn't get explained too much clearer than that. Thankyou!!... I appreciate the trouble you went to......rossco

·
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.
5,122 Posts
rossco said:
That is an excellent article. It doesn't get explained too much clearer than that. Thankyou!!... I appreciate the trouble you went to......rossco

You're welcome, Sir.

I still haven't found the recent stuff about the truck link kit. It appears well done.

One of the mags put the kit in an ElCamino about 2-3 years ago. Can't find it. I would like to read it again myself.

You might browse the major sites and see if you can find it. Hot Rod, Car Craft, Popular Hot Rodding. I think it was one of those 3.

Most of the sites don't go back very far with their content.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts