Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting a 71 cutlass and the body is in ok shape for a 30 year old car. Some rust(at least I know how to deal with that) but not too bad. The real problem is that I must reassemble the entire front end sheet metal. The pieces are there and in good shape, just not on the car. This does make the engine and front end a bit easier to get to, but sooner or later I am going to want the front end back on.

I was thinking about getting a manual or two from year one. I have never taken something this far apart and put it back together again. Now I know it is fairly simple, but I want to make sure I do it right. Year one has both a factory assembly manual and a fisher body manual. Which would be the best one to go with, or would you reccomend both? Or even something else entirely? Would I be able to get these manuals cheaper elsewhere?

Like I said, it may be awhile before I need to know, but I want to know where to start looking.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Both would be good to have, the fisher for the body and the other for what ever you may run into. Putting the front sheetmetal back on is as you say pretty straight forward and simple. I've taken off and put on the sheetmetal on my T/A so many tiimes I think my cat could do it. If you need any help you know where to ask :D

HK

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Buy stock in por15 I got'r home. I will probably get both books. There is a little more rust than I thought, but still nothing totally unfixable. Right now i have the two front fenders hanging on it so it looks a little more like a car. I have two hoods out back. My backyard is starting to look like everybody's conception of Arkansas. Glad to help reinforce stereotypes. :D

Gotta go, sis is here for our date ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts