Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i find a good rebuild kit for a sbc 350? I would like some flattop pistons, a mild cam,(and of course all the bearings and gaskets, etc.), but a crank wouldnt be necessary. Just wondering if anyone has bought a reasonably priced rebuild kit. Thanks!

·
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS
1,545 Posts
Try here

Never mind, I don't know what's up with that site. :drunk: Is Northern out of business or something? It's been a while since I've ordered anything from'em.

·
Member# 3287
2,625 Posts
I recently saw Northern selling on EBay. I can't remember when I last got one of their catalogs.

As to the main question, I've had decent luck with two kits from Summit. They're adequate for moderate builds. They sell cams separately.

PAW sells complete kits, to include cams, but I haven't tried them. I have no firsthand knowledge, but I read of problems with them.

Jeg's also sells kits. I bought a SCAT crank from them, but never any kits.

Look at the kits closely for the quality of the parts. You don't want some el cheapo parts that won't hold up. You may want to add more upgrades later and what is "ok" now may not be later.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Ebay has good kits. 400 bucks for forged flattops with all the xtras like oil pump, gaskets, bearings, cam, ect.... Try there. Hg
p.s. hyper kits are like 100bucks less.

·
Registered
977 Posts
BstMech said:
Try here

Never mind, I don't know what's up with that site. :drunk: Is Northern out of business or something? It's been a while since I've ordered anything from'em.
I received an order from them last month. No mention of going out of business.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts