Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm planning on putting together a mild small block chevy.
My main question is this.
I have a complete pan to intake Goodwrench engine that has sat outside for a few years and may or my not have a spun main bearing (it was given to me in this condition)
Given the fact that I'm having trouble finding a reputable machine shop locally, would I be coming out ahead having the block i have checked and machined and rebuild it myself, or should I just order one of the numerous short or long block assemblies available from various places?
Basically, is is possible to have a block inspected, machined for street/strip use and put into short block form for under say, $1500?

·
Super Moderator
18,355 Posts
ComingApart said:
Basically, is is possible to have a block inspected, machined for street/strip use and put into short block form for under say, $1500?
Maybe, but the crate engine that you buy will be about the same price....and one more important thing..............it comes with a warranty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I look for T-Bucket plans

HI!
I live in south of Brazil, and I would like to build my T-Bucket car.
I look plans for building the chassis (and all the car).
Please, if you have obtained these plans leaves me to know, I will pay for it.
It can send the plans for my email ([email protected]), or for USPS, or inform as dowmload for net.
Tanks
Paulo F B Carminati

·
Registered
859 Posts
poncho62 said:
Maybe, but the crate engine that you buy will be about the same price....and one more important thing.it comes with a warranty. ///////////////////////// [also a crate engine is new parts, not rebuilt]

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Paulo F B Carminati said:
HI!
I live in south of Brazil, and I would like to build my T-Bucket car.
I look plans for building the chassis (and all the car).
Please, if you have obtained these plans leaves me to know, I will pay for it.
It can send the plans for my email ([email protected]), or for USPS, or inform as dowmload for net.
Tanks
Paulo F B Carminati

What the heck is this post doing here?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts