Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If all goes as planned I am hoping to get my 86 Monte SS out from winter storage in April and pull the 454 LS-6 out for a total rebuild.Last time in 2001 was more of an overhaul and was my first time with a project of this nature.This time will see an overbore/hone to .060 over,it was already .030 over when I got it.I have picked a machine shop equipped to do this with a main/torque plate.I'll also get them to press on new SpeedPro/TRW L2465F60 pistons and have the rods resized and new ARP 2000 rod bolts installed,as well as having new cam bearings installed,and any crank polishing/grinding as necessary.I may also have the block decked,and if budget permits I will have the bottom end balanced.I've already got some parts,new Brodix Race Rite rectangular port heads,Milodon high volume water pump & matching 180 thermostat,Crane double roller w/billet gears & thrust washer timing set,Stefs oil pan heater,top quality gaskets,and I just got my new UDHarold designed solid roller cam from Custom Cam Co.,.680 lift & 234/239 dur @ .050.All new ARP fasteners are going in,along with a new replacement Mellings HV oil pump.I ve been adding better parts over the last few years,Comp one peice pushrods,Mighty Demon carb,Msd ProBillet distributor,as well as getting the drive train dialed in.I cant wait to get this all done,I'm hoping for at least 75 more horsepower and more bottom-mid range streetable power.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh Yeah !! the original rearend is long gone,a Ford 9 inch resides out back now,its a 28 spline model,seems plenty strong,a limited slip is hopefully going in this year.My compression should be pretty close to 10.0:1.depending on piston to deck height.The new cam has a lobe seperation angle of 112 degrees.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.