Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently rebuilt a sbc 350 engine. Its just a stock rebuild w/ rebuilt 350 heads, edelbrock intake, & a new edelbrock 600 cfm carb. The problem is that I'm getting a grayish smoke coming out of both tail pipes (it has true dual exhaust). I've adjusted the rockers several times, reset the timing multiple times, adjusted the carb multiple times & I'm still getting smoke out of the pipes. Does anyone have any idea on what my problem could be???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you totally lost me on that Nova....the pcv valve that I'm using is just a stock one from autozone & I am using a rubber groumet....w/ chrome edelbrock valve covers.

·
Registered
229 Posts
you totally lost me on that Nova....the pcv valve that I'm using is just a stock one from autozone & I am using a rubber groumet....w/ chrome edelbrock valve covers.
edelbrock valve covers usually come with poor if any baffling

just plug the big vacuum port thats in the middle of the carb and see if the smokes stops, lets the engine run for a minute or 2 if not well that wasn't your problem

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.