Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a remaned q jet from National Carburetor and the damn thing is flooding bad. :mad: I'm waiting for all the techs to get back from lunch. I've disconnected the electric choke for now and it didn't help. I think the float is stuck or there is something stick in the needle and seat. Tapping on it with a wooden hammer handle didn't help any ideas.

If I pinch the fuel line and let it run out of gas it floods as soon as I let the fuel flow again. I can't even keep it running long enough to pull back in the garage.

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Yeah, and? Betcha be sending it back. Don't touch it. Make them fix it. If you mess with it they'll be voiding the warranty! If the tech's suggest removing the top and checking the float and inlet valve you say "No, I'll send it back and you check the float and inlet valve" or send me another one. You paid good money for a good part that you didn't get. If thyey don't go along with your idea, sent it back for a refund and find somewhere else to get one that will back up their work! :thumbup:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah their sending the prepaid shipping I wasn't about to open the damn thing. I bought the lifetime warranty too. Lets hope they fix it and it works the second time around

·
Registered
109 Posts
its the pump...it has a hole in it...thats why when you pinch the fuel line it runs fine and when you open it back up it floods again... the pump has a hole in the rubber where it seats...so fule is constantly leaking by.... i just had this EXACT same issue myself...had to tear down the carb and when i was putting the rebuild kit in it i noticed the old pump had a hole in it....just for future reference...sorry for blabbering

Gearhead
"Drive It Like Ya Stole It"
:evil: :evil: :evil:

·
My pipes are my music
2,936 Posts
Where did he say that it ran fine when he pinched the line? I must have missed that. Fact is, it's supposed to be newly re-built! oop's! :D
If National sent it Fedex I can understand why though, I had a new 20gal. gas tank sent for my truck from Memphis only a few hrs. away and when I got it, it looked like they played "kick the can" with it. That's what you get with free shipping I guess. :mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.