Hot Rod Forum banner
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,051 Posts
I spent a little time working on My good buddy, Bruce Cambern's 427 cobra . and he was very critical of everything. He worked his up way to be head of FORD SVO-Ford Racing before he retired. set the track record on the road race course at MIS. Won the 2009 optima and no one has yet came close to his times. and they wont let him race again ?? I am of the era when the Hotrods won the old road races south of the border . and always thought a hot rod should be able to out manuaver a sports car like they did in the old days. I went down to the Salt Lake Autorama show a coupe years ago and some one had a rat rod where they cut a Ford I beam in half turned it upside down and welded the center back together. None of the Geometry was right. center line thru the king pin, intersection point with tire contact point. castor point on road, etc. When I was in college I wrenched at a dealer ship , one of the other guy's brother built a 392 hemi powered stude for bonneville. I told him his front suspension was wrong, It started to dance and he got upside down close to 200 mph. He had already made one pass at 206, over the record and was making the back up run.
Your right and I'm wrong....You know what they say,,, Agree to disagree..;)
Thank God I think outside the box...:D

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
outside the Box.

:thumbup:I have followed your builds . And YOU build your cars. and I wish I still had enough energy Like when I use to get up at 4 in the morning and go to work , then go home at night and be in my shop until 11, or work on Bruce's cobra all night to be at a race by 10 am.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts