Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all this is my first thread on here. I have a '91 s10 short bed reg. cab i will be posting pics of the truck when i can and it will probably get a project journal but for now the temporary engine. I had purchased this block and was told it was a 383 i was a bit skeptical but it was cheap enough to still be a good deal if he was lying, well turns out its just a 350 bored .030 over to 355 so i put it together with what i had and am starting a stroker bulid for the permanent powerplant im now thinking i may go with a 414 stroker but thats another topic. as for the 355 the way it sits now i have a 2 bolt main '84 block .030 over not sure the brand of piston as they came with the block put they are flat tops w/4 valve relief i have a lunati #00016 cam 1.5 ratio stainless roller rockers (might switch to 1.6s or use an unidentified cam i have lying around) i have 64cc vortec heads upgraded springs but i dont remember the specs screw in studs no porting i have a 750 edelbrock on it now but i have a few options on that, the carb sits on a pro comp. air gap type dual plane intake let me know what you think:mwink: I will get some pics uploaded as soon as my computer lets me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright guys last one for now feedback would be greatly appreciated not too many ppl around here build cars and when they do its never done right critisism is also welcome let me know how im doing is it good or am i slacking kinda thing thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Vd=0.7854B2S, CR=Vd+Vc/Vc
273 Posts
S-10 and then some

Thats a nice lookin little mill.
Blue plug wires mite look cool agaist the black and red.
Personally im done with red and orange on the block and heads,
I was paintim satin black for a while, and my last motor i painted "Hot rod Green" with red plug wires and flat blue headers. that one i like! its kinda nuts!. gona go with that for a while.
Well that monster air cleaner you got looks cool but that anit fittin under no s-10 hood. It would be good for days when you run without the hood though.
I have a 88 sb stan cab by the way, im putin a freash 305 into.
Im gona run the swirlport heads a roller cam and q-jet with shorty headers
Im lookin for a honest 300 hp and 350 lbs torque.
Ive build the 400 as a 372 and a 406 as well as the 383 as a vortec if you have any questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ya I get red/orange and black sbc have become a bit cliche but it matches the theme of my truck as for the air filter i have a hole in the hood with an ugly sagging cowl the previous owner installed im gonna take the cowl off and let the filter peek out something not often seen i'll be using a q-jet on the stroker aswell i dont know why so many ppl overlook these carbs with a little elbow greese they support alot of power and will still give great cruising mileage what cam did you use with what power level on your 383 i was thinkin the comp ex280h for my 383 or maybe a roller cam

·
Vd=0.7854B2S, CR=Vd+Vc/Vc
273 Posts
383 dope

The 383 has the comp 270 magnum flat tappet and an edelbrock gear drive. compression is 9.76:1 with KB 18cc d-dish hyperetics, it's all balanced. The Vortecs are ported, carbs a holly 650 DP spreadbore, headers flow into a Dr. gas style synchronizer. The geardrive gives it a pretty neat loping idle, I had to upgrade the clutch cause it pulls so hard on the secoundarys it would just smoke the disc.
The synro exhauast has a bit of indy car note if i tach out going through the gears, car is a slammed 78 Monte, If you build one with 350 rods there are 4 rods you have to clearance with the cam.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.