Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all.
Im thinkin bout refinancing my home and if I do, My stepdad is going to sell me a piece of property that attaches to my current place for a real good price.
It is like .6 tenths of an acre with an old seller for storing canned food on it and......The big one is that it comes with a 24X24 garage with a big attic upstairs for storage!
My G-pa used to race stock cars and used it for years. Its a block garage and made kinda in the older fashion, but it will with some minor work, be a nice addition for my Gremlins house.
Along with that, I will take the big wooden center beams out and replace it with a steel beam to open it up from a 2 car garage to Hemmie's fun house.
I'll get enuff to have the Gremlin completed also.
I'll get a few pics later and show you how it looks now and what my plans for later is. Im happy. HG :thumbup:

·
"May the Schwartz be with you"
1,053 Posts
.6 tenths of an acre

45,360 / 10 * .6 = 2613.6 sq/ft.

a 24x24 garage is 576 sq/ft.

Or do you mean 6 tenths of an acre?

45,360 / 10 * 6 = 27,216 sq/ft.

If you can afford it it sounds like a nice deal. You can never have too big of a garage!

·
Administrator
18,426 Posts
Always nice to get more space. Of course, you do realize that it will not be large enough...........you will fill that up with stuff in no time.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
poncho62 said:
Always nice to get more space. Of course, you do realize that it will not be large enough...........you will fill that up with stuff in no time.

You got that right! When we built this house I told my wife to build it anyway she wanted, all I wanted was a drive in basement and my own play garage by the woods. Four years later the basement is to small and my play garage is to small.
My neighbor at same time built a 7 car behind his house & has a 3 car attached and he's complaining about lack of room.
You can never have enough! If only I could convert the living room??

·
Tazz
2,048 Posts
Never is to much room!!

I have a 3 car two story garage with a car port on each end and its all full. I'm in the process of thinning the herd...getting down to one or at the most 2 cars/projects. I'm going to run an ad in cruisin times mag!!

Tazz

Rat Rods Rule!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts