Hot Rod Forum banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
in response to this entire ordeal, i dont know what to say. I along wiht one more guy built the original site, and i guess i feel partly responsible for some of this. Anyways, Im the owner of "therodderz.com" because at the time i bought that domain, "youngrodderz.com" was not availible form that certain company, go daddy, maybe i mistyped it or somehting.

Let me propose a suggestion, dont listen to our members. As bad as it seems, whenever any of us come over here ths **** starts to fly. Ive never personally met any of the guys on there as im sure many of you have never met your fellow board members, therefore i cannot give you an accurate portrail of their maturity level other than what i've witnessed online.

Take this as an apology for the board, not its members. I've no right to apolgize for them as they can do it themselves if they feel the need to.

I think the reason some of them got in a fuss is because of the lack of understanding of the entire GMG situation. I didnt understand it at first untill one of y'all explained it to me. I can see how you interpreted the GMG thread and can see why you took the actions you did. I did not say anything about it, or give my opinion because:

1. It has ntohing to do with me. Im merely an observer.
2. Ive never met Richard, or any of the Coker family.
3. Who cars about my opinion on the subject, right?

So, as i said, let me apologize and hopefully regain some of the Board's credit. Take this as you will, scream, yell, and type furiously as you see fit. This is just one kid;s interpretation of the whole situation.

But let me say that I still have no hard feelings toward any of the guys on the board, because I have no reason to. They didnt do anything to me, my family, or friends, so theyre still cool dudes in my book.

·
Registered
194 Posts
That took guts... :thumbup:

Doc

·
Registered
584 Posts
hop up said:
...therefore i cannot give you an accurate portrail of their maturity level other than what i've witnessed online.
I can answer that, veryyy lowwwww :nono: :D I don't think I'll be able to ignore "your members" whenever they come over here and start moaning about what we're doing this time and how we're wrong and a bunch of asshats. :rolleyes: Doesn't bother me though, I have not read one word by gmckid or any other of the trolls on your site that has offended me. I usually laugh at how they take everything so seriously whenever Jon feels like he has to make a point to deceptive advertisers, so they immediately jump in to do the "right thing." Well it does take guts to apologize due to your members' acting mental over every single little thing we do over here that has nothing to do with them so they should stay out of it. I think you need to lay down the law some over there, especially for gmckid. I remember you saying he was banned yet you let him back in there. I knew that it would lead to another one of these episodes and sure enough, gas monkey incident and they come back over here. But anyway, don't apologize for their idiotic actions.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Jon, I too am impressed. I missed most of what went on and still dont know the entire situation but I must say that I didn't expect that from you. :thumbup:

hop up, if that's sincere then that's all fine and dandy. But you must remember that this wouldnt be the first time somebody from your site "apologized" for their actions.

·
Lost in the 60's
15,258 Posts
Seems to me that if you have to keep apoligizing for your friends........then you need some new friends .

·
Hotrodders.com Administrator
3,201 Posts
I too think that it must be tedious for these guys to have to constantly be apologizing for each other.

Nevertheless, I am impressed by hop up's apology. You could teach Corky Coker a thing or two about an honest apology :). And, everyone gets owned eventually, man. It's happened to me before, and I'm sure it will happen to me again. Every racer loses races, every fighter loses fights. Nobody is the "Anti-Christ of the Hotrodding Forum World", and if anyone ever tries to say so, he usually gets his testicles served to him on a plate.

Two important points:

1. When leaders of an online community use a forum to plan an attack against another forum, it's an act of war. Remember when we were trying to spread the word to 130+ forums about this scandal? I made a big post about how to respectfully post on a forum. Here's a direct link right to my post: how to respectfully post on a forum.

2. It's important to be able to see through the mainstream media. Thinking that the Gas Monkey Garage propaganda is cool is the same as thinking that "professional" wrestling isn't rigged. Turn off the TV. Surf the net, read a book, listen to some music.

By the way, as we're figuring out who we want to put in as administrators and moderators at our new Youngrodderz.com forum, we'll be reviewing post histories of younger guys who post on hotrodding forums. So, the only ones who can get in power are the ones who have established a written record of respect and coolness. We'll be taking care of most of the technical issues, so we'll just need guys who have some basic common sense, and some general respect. The door is closed for anyone who trolled our forums. But the door isn't closed for anyone just because they participated in the Youngrodderz forums.

Also, I would really appreciate it if you Youngrodderz guys would lend a hand to help undo some of the damage that has been done to our site's reputation. I think that we've demonstrated that we were correct about this Gas Monkey Scandal, especially in light of how Coker Tire acted on our forums, and how nobody will give us a straight answer as to who funded the video. We're looking into the whole "Honest Charly" thing now too, which I think should be most interesting. And, also hilarious :D.

Maybe you guys could help us spread the word about our newest article Corky Coker Is a Jerk, or our Monkey Boys Section? Or take a few minutes to go back to some of the forums on which we were mentioned, and set the record straight?

Either way, whether you do or not, I think I'm pretty good at analyzing people's words, and your apology does seem genuine to me.

·
Licenced Automotive Technician
1,625 Posts
help undo some of the damage that has been done to our site's reputation.
I haven't been around for a while, seems like I missed a few things. What damage? FWIW, I still think this is the best site on the net, and recommend it to anyone who seems to want to come and check it out. It will take a lot more than a few kids being rude and disrespectful to get me to stop coming here.

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
Hop up, You shouldn't have to apologize for Kyle's actions. It says alot about your character when you have the guts to apologize like that ;)
To bad it also says alot about kyle's character when he goes insane like that to :rolleyes:

Jon, That is some top notch ownage :thumbup: The one guy on this entire forum I never thought would have done something like all this, goes and takes the cake :D I like the idea of another youngrodders site, I think it could work out well. Only thing that would worry me is that the site might be spammed by kyle and some others. Of course I think a good IP ban would probably take care of most of the problems anyway ;)

Brad

41 - 51 of 51 Posts