Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I wasn't sure if this was the place to ask but I was hoping someone that went through registering a custom built car in pa could clear some things up for me. I am thinking about building a cj-2a or cj-3b haven't decided yet. I found about everything I would need to build a willy from frame up but I am not sure if It would be worth doing I would like to drive the car as a daily driver someday or drive it at least 3 days a week to and from work and getting around town but I know every state as their own weird rules. I do not want to put antique plates on it and only be able to drive it one day a week to me that wouldn't be worth investing a few thousands into building it. I also wanted to know after you go through all the tests required by state for safety what kind of title will my car I built get, Will it receive a clear title like all cars do that are just built from a factory or will it have to get a reconstructed title even though it has all new parts including the frame. I checked my my dmv website and It doesn't really tell you these things just roughly describes the papers you will have to fill out. So basically I would like to know if there is any limit to how much I can drive my car and what kind of title it will receive after registering, thanks.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Not sure about your situation, but it might be worth a call to Skippy's Auto Sales in Berwick, PA ("midnitetowing.com/skippys-auto-sales/"). They walked me thru titling my 48 Plymouth street rod. They were very knowledgeable, made calls to PA DMV, and performed the required "Enhanced Inspection" after retitling from "Antique" to "Street Rod". Very helpful people. Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts