Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a color photo of the Orange Crate gasser from the " 60's " ? I think it was a Anglia or Bantam ...

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I remember it as a Revell(?) model and the box showed it with the body up like a modern day Funny Car.
I assumed it was a show car.

Hot Wheels call this Orange Crate.

Found it with an image search "orange crate hot rod".
See it here. :thumbup:

·
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser
16,339 Posts
fredbaker said:
Does anyone have a color photo of the Orange Crate gasser from the " 60's " ? I think it was a Anglia or Bantam ...
The most famous one by a mile is the 1932 Ford two door sedan.

But there was an Anglia "Orange Crate" too.

I built the model of the Duece, STILL an amazing car today.

Brian

·
tired and retired
52 Posts
the 32 ford one my uncle raced against in the 60's at the woodburn, oregon. that uncle raced front engine slingshot style dragsters at 180+mph,, man l'd love to have been there and seen that :thumbup: my uncle still talks to him every now and then, also my uncle put the man who found the 32 crate in touch with the oringal owner, the new owner wanted to restore the car to oringal specs the previous owner had all the motor and chassis specs and, from what l was told, suppled them to the guy to get it period correct when it was finished, later :cool:

·
Registered
547 Posts
ckhismine said:
I wanted to find a Anglia befor I found my 1932 Austin Bantam but on luck. It is one of my favorite cars of all time.
I have a 48 Anglia Thames Panel, gonna be a gasser someday,, if I live long enough :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts