Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I looked around and I dont see anything specific to what I want.
I have a 1969 Chevy c-10 pickup that I am building. I have invested a lot of time and money into the motor, ignition, supercharger etc and I dont like the idea that anyone can walk up and open the hood. I installed cylinder locks on each corner of the hood, but now I think they are ugly, and they get in the way( I keep impaling myself when I work on it on the studs sticking up from the core support) and they are constantly out of adjustment. I have not been able to find any cable operated kits, and I dont want to chain it down from underneath as it is too easy to get at with a bolt cutter. Does anyone know of one and who makes it? Any other suggestions? Thanks in advance for all of you help!

·
Home Built Rods No Rules
750 Posts
Seems like I seen a bearclaw latch setup for trunk lids or hoods maybe you could use something like that,then a remote cable to cab or solinoid.

·
Registered
7 Posts
You can take the latch and cable out of a late model truck and make it work on your truck.Mid 80's would be the easy ones to use. Get everything do to the holder inside.Elec. is real coool but if the batt. goes bad you'll go mad.And a rip cable hidden will still make you worry to much. Or modify your latch and use a cable from lockar.

Good Luck
Chaotic

1 - 3 of 3 Posts