Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had windshield replaced years ago. When they installed the trim you can tell that driver side vertical section is 1/2" out from where it was.

Does anyone know how to scoot the vertical window trim over or how to remove the window trim on a classic mustang convertible?

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
They are called reveal moldings, and they are held on by clips. You need a reveal moulding tool to remove the trim. You sneak the tool between the glass and molding, and catch the edge of the clip with the tool rotating it to release while gently lifting on the molding near the clip you are working on, then move to the next clip working your way down the molding.

I think the molding might possibly be able to slide some on the clip.
When you reinstall the molding, make sure your corners match up before popping it into place (should only take a light blow of your fist or an open palm to seat the molding onto the clips.
If what you are talking about is the molding is not sitting down far enough, only thing I can think of is either it is not snapped onto the clip, clips are broken, or the studs that hold the clips were replaced at one time and put on in the wrong place along the windshield channel.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will look for reveal molding tool.

It sits down far enough. The problem is it rubs against shut door. I need to scoot driver side molding towards passenger side. From the coloration it looks like it used to be in correct position. What is procedure? Remove molding then reposition clips?

Or do I need to scoot entire wind shield over? :(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.