Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is probably answered somewhere in the Knowledge Base but I sure couldn't find it. I have a '91 Sonoma that I put a sliding back window in about 12 years ago. Now its time to paint it, and I wiould like to take the window out without breaking anything (so I can put it back in when I'm finished). Here are a couple of pics...

The rubber around it is still soft, as you can see, and I can pick it up with a screwdriver and sort-of push it out...kind of like taking a tire off a bike.It looks like I might be able to do this from the inside and pushing it out. But I'm afraid I will break something if I take it too far.

Is there a trick to taking these aftermarket windows out of pickups? I would really appreciate it if someone could give me some pointers.

Dave

·
Registered
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah thanks Antnyl. That's my fall-back if I can't take it out without breaking it. At least the rubber is soft enough to get a cord up underneath it. I do want to paint it on the inside, too, and getting the cord underneath the rubber there will be a bit of a trick! :drunk:

Dave

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.