Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
786 Posts
Let me throw another idea at you. I had some chrome trim pieces on my Vette that I wanted to paint. I left the chrome alone, sanded the surface with 320 grit sandpaper, wiped down with grease and wax remover, sprayed epoxy primer, then a high solids sandable primer, sanded smooth, then painted it with the base coat clear coat system. This was ten years ago, and you would never know the part was chromed to begin with. Worked great for me. You might try that.

· Registered
786 Posts
Let me throw another idea at you. I had some chrome trim pieces on my Vette that I wanted to paint. I left the chrome alone, sanded the surface with 320 grit sandpaper, wiped down with grease and wax remover, sprayed epoxy primer, then a high solids sandable primer, sanded smooth, then painted it with the base coat clear coat system. This was ten years ago, and you would never know the part was chromed to begin with. Worked great for me. You might try that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.