Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S-10 has that annoying fingertip sized indentation, and I don't like the looks of it.
What would be the best way to eliminate it?
I know its going to be a LOT of work, but I only have to do the cab and front clip, my fiberglas stepside bed will be much easier.
Sheetmetal strips and the mig are probably going to be the easiest.
As long as I'm here can anyone locate a 1991-1993 Oldsmobile Bravada grille assembly for me? I don't need new, just uncracked.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
You have the right idea, sheet metal and welding.

As for the grill go to your local GM dealer and talk to the parts manager and see if they have one in the back or one they may have taken off. Check the local bone yards and auto parts classifieds.

HK

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish it were that easy for the grille.
Three local dealers want $187 bare or more for this grille. None have any new or used in stock but could get new in 4 days, major budget says used only.
None of the boneyards within 50 miles have any Olds bravadas' without front end collision damage.
Junkyard dog.com netted a major zero responses from anywhere in the US.
Looks like I'll have to start saving pennies, and pick up a few more welding jobs along the way.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Whats so special about the bravada grille? I'd want the drive train more than the grille. Nothing says cool like 4ws :D Do you want the grille to be chrome?

HK

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want something different, the engine going into this truck is a diesel block 350 Oldsmobile with 403 heads. :rolleyes:
The truck is going to have an Olds drivetrain so why not have a couple body parts that will fit in the scheme of things.
I have also recently considered either splitting the hood and hinge the halves to the fenders opening them with linear actuator motors, or, fabricating a whole new front clip altogether.
This project has been toyed with since 1998.
Many have asked why, I have asked why not!

[ April 09, 2003: Message edited by: M&M CUSTOM ]</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts