Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm working with a 1996 Caprice LT1 underhood electrical center. I need to remove some of the terminals which connect to fuses and/or relays. I can't figure out how to get them to release. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
There is a special tool for that BUT you can make your own. There is a small tang that must be pulled back to extract the wire. Need to make a small stiff trip about two inches long and slid it in from the wire side. It needs close inspection to see where the tang is but once you get the hang of it things go fast. Try a google search?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried what you said, 39 Master, but I can't seem to catch things right. Guess I'll have to keep trying. As you suggest, maybe I can find a video with a google search. Thanks for the reply,

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Can anyone tell me what type connector fits the relays in the Caprice underhood electrical center? I believe they're Metri-Pack series but not sure. It would help me to find the right tool.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Believe it or not there is a ton of technology in those terminals and connectors. The terminals in use nowadays (includes your vehicle) are manufactured of very thin tin plated steel and are easily damaged if extracted with the wrong tool. Joe's info is the way to go.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Update. I got the right tool and they came out easily. Insert tool from fuse side in this particular terminal box. Can't speak to others. Thanks for all the help, guys. Much appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.