Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 camaro with a 5 speed manual transmission. I was wondering if anyone knows if i can replace the 5 spd wit a 6 spd leaving the stock motor in there for now. I will replace the engine with a 350+ engine. The reason i'm asking is bcuz i jus blew the 3rd clutch in a yr and thinking of replacing tranny. Pls get back to me ASAP.

P.s what else would i need to replace besides tranny and clutch. gearbox etc?

·
Registered
48 Posts
well, anything is possible if you have the right ammount of $$$. but swaping a 5-6 isnt so bad. i think the worst case senario woild be: changing out the flywheel, cutting out the floor pan that surrounds the tranny and replacing it with somthing that fits it, cutting a new hole for the shifter, new hangers,new driveshaft. um thats about it off the top of my head. i am no where near an expert so dont take my word as gold. but i have been looking into swaping out an auto-6spd, so im assuming that it would be quite similar.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
So you have a v6 in there now:confused:

If you are thinking of putting in a LS1 why don't you just get the motor and trans (and wire harness and computer and intake ducting and ...) all at one time?

I don't know what pattern they used on the v6's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts