Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I am new to hot rodding and have been trying to track down an intake/carb backfire for a while. I’ve done a list of changes but I think I found a culprit. I have a Chevy 350 with a Edelbrock 122 #1552 blower.
It seems like there are backfires under harder acceleration from idle and I find black soot/carbon comes out near the sneeze valve and bypass valve. Anyways, I noticed today liquid was dripping near the bypass valve hose. I thought it was a worn out leaky hose but I discovered the bottom of the unit is warped or unseated, causing a leak. I have limited knowledge but the backfires are around there on the drivers side of the engine. Could this be causing or atleast making these issues worse? Also where the heck do I get a replacement? They don’t seem easy to find and any numbers on the unit don’t turn up any results. Also, the hose is unplugged only when I was looking for the leak, it has been in while driving.

Thank You,

·
Registered
685 Posts
Have you tried talking to a tech at Edelbrock? It is their part, they should be able to help, and also sell you any part you need. It sure would be my first step anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you tried talking to a tech at Edelbrock? It is their part, they should be able to help, and also sell you any part you need. It sure would be my first step anyway.
Was about to call them, since I had zero luck finding one online.

·
RedLine Stage 4 ZL1 650rwhp
1971 BB Chevelle
578 Posts
Is there another Vac port on that bypass ? If there is it looks very similar to the one used on a F-150 Lightning Stock M112 Supercharger. You can find them all over eBay for @ $69.00
I've had 13 Supercharged Vehicles now and I do know they use the same Valve on many application, the Lightning valve for example fits many different vehicles, motor sizes, and Superchargers

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Is there another Vac port on that bypass ? If there is it looks very similar to the one used on a F-150 Lightning Stock M112 Supercharger. You can find them all over eBay for @ $69.00
I've had 13 Supercharged Vehicles now and I do know they use the same Valve on many application, the Lightning valve for example fits many different vehicles, motor sizes, and Superchargers View attachment 616009
It’s only got one port. I have seen the ones you’re posting and noted they have 2 ports. I have tried the last 2 days to get a callback from edelbrock support with no luck. Tomorrow I am getting new slicks put on and will bother the mechanics there if they have a better way to contact edelbrock. It’s a bit ridiculous it’s this hard to get a spare part.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Sucks
well the story gets better. The shop couldn’t even get them on the phone. And while starting my truck to leave we believe the distributor blew out. So we just pushed it back into the shop lol. I’m still trying to get these clowns on the phone. Whenever I can afford it I’ll be buying a Weiand blower and Holley carb. This has honestly left such a bad taste in my mouth for edelbrock. A part I can’t get is broken and has virtually made me not able to drive my vehicle.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts