Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i just picked up a 72 nova and i saw something yesterday that i didnt notice when i bought the car (goes without saying i'm pretty mad and pretty embarassed)
ok well the car has some serious rust on it but nothing that really scares me except for the firewall is there anyone that sell a firewall for a 72 nova i cannot find it anywhere or maybe is there a way to make one from a metal sheet i wanna try to keep the cost down i understand that may be hard considering the problem here but if i can make one out of metal sheet then i would prefer that
any help would be appreciated

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
does the whole entire firewall get cut out typically or cut the portion thats rusted through it looks like you left some original on yours that what i need mine to look like did you weld your in or bolt it
if i were to make one with a smooth sheet of metal will i have to worry about not having all the cavities and like recessed parts that the original firewall does?
sorry i've never done one before and i'm gonna need a lot of help thanks in advance

·
Registered
7,980 Posts
Its way easier and faster to replace the whole thing.I would'nt attempt this if you dont know how to weld and fabricating one is harder but it can be glued with the proper glue,first you'll have to gain access to it by removing the sub frame 4 bolts,its not to complicated but it does require some natural talent and a desire to see it through to the end....it doesnt require a lot of spiecal tools...I'd go with a replacement firewall,since its your first.Still want to try it?

·
Registered
771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah its gotta get done i build engines body work is not my forts to say the least but then again im not paying somebody to do it so i have to do it myself i kn ow how to weld though so that should come in handy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.