Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to run the lines on my v8 vw bug, but I am a little confused about these residual pressure valves. The manaul brake setup is from speedway motors and was meant for a 32 ford, floor mounted. I am also running it floor mounted. I am running a ford 9" with 10" drums rear, and mustang II disk in front.

It has two different size outputs, 5/16 and 3/16 i think, which I believe the larger line is for the front. Since it is floor mounted I figured I would have to buy those nice little wilwood residual pressure valves, 2lbs front and 10lbs rear. but then I was thinking the inputs on the valves would be the same size, probibly 3/16. Wouldn't that negate the larger diameter front line by stepping it down and back up again, having the valve be the smallest diameter for the front? Back in the day with floor mounted brakes they never had billet little valves hanging around.

So do i have to run theses valves? are the built into the master cylinder?

Oh yeah, this master cylinder is allready proportioned for front and rear right? I mean i cant run one the proportioning valve since the are single inlet dual outlet, they are meant for masters with one output right?

any help would be great!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
You are going to need 2# & 10# residual pressure valves as well as a perportioning valve.

The line size is just so you don't get them mixed up. There is very little flow in brake lines so the size makes almost no difference.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts