Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
I think much the same as with a cool muffler, people with resonators enjoy the sound. Now, why they enjoy that particular sound is beyond me. But, to each his own.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Its just away to be obnoxious on the road.
I personally hate the sound of the tin can ricer.
It actually serves no positive purpose in the efforts to increase hp in any kind of ride. Just plain old noise pollution. There are a group of drivers in the NE states who are installing "L" shaped items into the mouth of their tail pipes. These small angles have a 1" hole in the center of them. When you eccelerate, the noise of the exhaust passing by these items is the same sound as a train in the distance. A real ugly sound on the road.
Just plain and simple ugly noise. whoooo whoooo right next to your ear. :evil:

·
Gone fishin'
666 Posts
LordMaximo said:
Its just away to be obnoxious on the road.
I personally hate the sound of the tin can ricer.
It actually serves no positive purpose in the efforts to increase hp in any kind of ride. Just plain old noise pollution. There are a group of drivers in the NE states who are installing "L" shaped items into the mouth of their tail pipes. These small angles have a 1" hole in the center of them. When you eccelerate, the noise of the exhaust passing by these items is the same sound as a train in the distance. A real ugly sound on the road.
Just plain and simple ugly noise. whoooo whoooo right next to your ear. :evil:

I think those maybe their way of faking a turbo charged sound.
I found them on Ebay. Another way for a ricer to fake hp.
A ricer faking to be a ricer.

Brad

1 - 5 of 5 Posts