Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
play with fire
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to quiet my exhaust with resonators, and have two questions. First, what type resonator is the most effective? My plan is to use a 1.5" drilled stainless pipe with 3 perforated disks spaced 1" apart encircling the pipe (similar to Car Chemistry's). It will go in a 3" SS exhaust pipe. The second question is: before or after the muffler (Flowmaster 70)? The exhaust pipes run straight from the headers with only one 35 degree bend, and their only 4 ft. long. The motor is a 454. Loud as hell. What should I do?

·
Some Punk Kid
786 Posts
I have heard that spintech or spintek (I think thats the name) really take the bark out of any exhaust with a series of semi circle baffles that lead to another than another. Really really good tone. Edelbrock sells something similar but not sure if its the same. I have only heard them after someone had glasspacks on before and it and it made it lower and less bark. Which I believe is what you want. I would imagine it would be difficult to make a 454 quiet with 4 ft of exhaust and headers.

·
You got a leaky spark tube...
2,854 Posts
Is that a dual 3" system? Depending on how modified your 454 is, you could probably drop down to dual 2 1/2" pipes and extend it all the way to the back of the vehicle. This would help quiet the exhaust.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.