Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should I go about doing this. Keep in mind I don't have a shop so I will be in my driveway. How do i determine what are parts beyond reapair. How should I repair them. What tools I would need during this process. If anybody has any websites where there is futher info that I could read a look at to help. I'm 16 and money isn't all that tight at the moment so any help would be appreciated thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
It all depends on area, money, and skill. Nearly nything can be repaired if you have the knowledge and tools to pull it off. Tell me whats dammaged, how its damaged and where its damaged and I will tell you how to fix it or what would be the best way to go about it. Money is a BIG part of restoration, if you have it, restoration are easy. Doing sheetmetal/body work you will need a mig welder, hammers and dollies, sanding supplies and a choice of fillers. Tell me what knowledge you have and what needs to bbe done and I will tell you how.

HK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have no skill in this area this would be my first time. I have rusting doors and a rusted hood in the very front of it. A couple of wholes. And it would need to be striped and primed and then painted. One other question would it be cheaper to find new part rather than sanding and so froth. I have non of those parts.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
If you want to do do the work yourself you will definatly need the tools, most of its a one time exspence and the knowledge will help in future prodjects. Then again if you just want to make the car look good and not do any work you could get new parts and just bolt on or take it to a shop. The holes will need to be patched with sheetmetal by welding. the rust if its only serface rust can be sanded off. I can teach you to do all of this, its not difficult to learn, its just hard work. Look through the knowledge base and it will help you out. Anymore questions feel free to ask me.

HK

1 - 4 of 4 Posts