Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aftermarket speed sensors that plug into a C4/C6 auto trans (push in type) appear to be pretty much the same for all Ford automatics. Could I expect that if I take a electronic gauge/sensor out of a newer vehicle I could hook it up to my 1978 C4 trans? I expect there would be some recalibration issues but I could address that later, for now I just would like to know if the sensor would fit. Anyone? Thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
As the foremost authority in this particular subject, I would say yes...all the push in type spedometer heads will fit the Ford trannies. It would probalby be best if the speedo matches the sensor though.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there, thanks a lot for the response and advice. I guess nobody has ever put a older auto trans in to a newer car before. I must be breaking new ground here for sure. Maybe put it into the knowledge base or sumthing.

·
Registered
576 Posts
speedometer

the late( pre 2000 e4od axod 4r70w )sensors fit both cable and electronic if you remove center cap then you can install cable with clip,78 cable from what I remember wasn't equipped with the clip. the cable was crimped on the end of the piece the gear attached to the inside with the e clip

1 - 4 of 4 Posts