Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! If I'm correct, this used to be a group under a different name...Roys Hot Rod Garage I believe it was. At the time the group moved, I had sold my project car, 68 Mustang GT Fastback, and focused on school, life, etc. NOW, I've picked up a new project! 1949 Ford F1 pickup! It has ONLY the frame, axles, wheels, suspension, & the front body. I'm missing the bed of the truck and this truck has most of the body work/prep already done but will need some touch-ups and finishing touches before I'm ready to get her painted. As for the truck bed, I'll probably start off turning it into a Flatbed (wood bed of course), and then when I can locate a good, used bed, I'll convert it back to a regular bed.

Currently, my plans for it are:
* pick up a used vehicle with a 351W motor in good running condition (the Auctions around me have the used city/school/company vehicles going for a few hundred with running engines and some with low miles even.)
* pull the engine and transmission and have the engine re-honed, cleaned, painted/polished/powder-coated, drop in new heads, valves, rods, etc and convert it to a carburetored intake (if possible). Then I'll have the transmission, hopefully a manual, and have it rebuilt if needed.
* pick up the other basics to get this baby rolling (windows, seals, seats, gauges, gas tank/lines, brakes, etc.

THEN, we get to the fun stuff...power steering, improve/modernize the suspension, redo the interior, ...basically make it drive and handle like a modern vehicle but with the great classic look!

Anyways, please feel free to shoot me any ideas or thoughts and I'll have pics posted when I get the chance to take a few.

·
Administrator
18,399 Posts
Welcome

Roy.....Man, that brings back memories....I wonder if he is still with us? I know he was pretty sick

1 - 2 of 2 Posts