Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know about how much it would cost to get a couple of junkyard bucket seats covered in leather? I have looked at a coulpe of sites for new hot rod seats, but they are a little steep.

·
im on a highway to hell
688 Posts
your probably gonna spend a couple hundred bucks anyway. check with some local upholstrey shops and see what they'll charge.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Are you gonna cover the entire seat with leather or just the part that your back and butt are against and the sides and back of the seat done in vinyl? to do the entire seat with leather will be pretty expensive, lots of folks do it the other way with only the part that touches the ole bod in real leather, this saves on material, which saves on $$$. Another alternative is UltraLeather, although it is almost as expensive as the real thing. I personally think it looks better, feels better, and holds up longer than real cow, and is slightly cheaper. Check out Larry Dennis web page, see if they have what you may need. :) PACO

·
Registered
32 Posts
a set of buckets redone in vinyl or cloth...$500-700.
a pair done in leather...add another $350.
this is approximate,depending on your area.i'm in n.y. state!

·
Registered
323 Posts
So, just out of curiosity, how much material would you estimate for a bucket seat? The seats I have in mind are mid-90's Exploder high-back buckets. I have four of 'em that I'll need to do when I do the rest of my interior and I guessed at a yard of material per seat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts