Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone heard of a auto stereo reverb from the 60"s and 70"s? They were a simple echo unit, they sure sounded cool! I like to find one. Any help? Thanks :welcome: I had one on a 68 pontiac GTO!

·
Steel Dreams
323 Posts
Dave57210 said:
Had one a LONG time ago - every time I hit a bump it would make the really weirdest echo sounds - sorta like a spring being twanged.
It sounded like a spring because that was the active part of the unit ,it ran along side of a magnet and it caused the signal to the speakers to delay mili seconds and give the reverb effect .Haven't heard of anything like this in 30 plus years. They were not real popular and it is doubtful that you could find a original that would work as the springs did not last very long.The springs or the mounts would rust and change the sound or they would break.
Kenny
Lost your job yet? Keep buying foreign

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
USA made

It is a job now days to find something made in America. I keep trying. When given the choice, which is not always the case, I'll buy American made. Spread the word!! made in USA " IN GOD WE TRUST"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.