Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a HF hand rivnut tool, but no mandrel for 10-32. This is billed as a "Pittsburgh" tool, but I cannot find any mandrels available for it. McMaster has mandrels, but they cannot supply any info on them, so it would be the old "pig in a poke" [email protected] These are 1/4-20 LH threads on the mandrel end...

Russ

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
This where the HF Tools kinda sucks (not enough mandrels)-I use a lot of 10-24/10-32 rivnuts too, and I use the McMaster Tool-it works pretty well (unless you're like me and have trouble operating two opposing wrenches :spank:)-

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This where the HF Tools kinda sucks (not enough mandrels)-I use a lot of 10-24/10-32 rivnuts too, and I use the McMaster Tool-it works pretty well (unless you're like me and have trouble operating two opposing wrenches :spank:)-
Well, I do too! I've never had any luck wrenching them in as it always spin the bolt out of the rivnut. I just hate to waste the $$$ on the McMaster mandrel not knowing if it'll work in the Pittsburgh tool. Any way you could check one of your mandrels and see how the attachment end is threaded?

Russ

·
Gotta love a turbo!
2,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NEVERMIND! Found one that crosses over, from "Westward", got it off Amazon for $13.01 shipped. Amazing what Google can do for you!

Russ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts