Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a rochester monojet in an old chevy pickup if I let it sit for 4-5 days it looses its prime and I have to dump gas in it untill it pumps back up. I had just bought a rebuild kit and the guy at the parts store says its a common problem with these carbs. He also says there is a thing that looks kinda like a freeze plug that wears and most people just put J-B-Weld on it and it fixes that particular problem. My question is where is this plug so I can fix it while I rebuild the carb.

·
Administrator
18,400 Posts
Its on the bottom of the carb......You may have to take the base plate off......Gas leaks out of it into the intake manifold.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked at bottom of carb and found nothing also took of bottom plate and there were the usual ports but nothing resembling a plug. But I did notice the needle valve wasn't hooked to the float with anything but the kit came with a new hanger could that be the problem?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Is what you're referring to as a "monojet", just a 1bbl carb...like a model B? i/e what was used up through like '59 or so?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts