i need a rod end to go from 14mm X 1.5 thread female to 7/16" bore. This is a chevette manual rack to strange struts.
1) It seems like most rod ends have the same bore as the thread size. i find this a little strange, but that's the way things are, apparently?
2) i'm new to rod ends (as you can probably tell), even though i've known what they are for decades. It's just now is when i really need one for my situation.
3) Are there rod ends available in this configuration? i will email the major manufactures, but i thought i'd check in here first due to the vast experience that many here have with this type of thing.
4) Is there an adapter/spacer etc. that can bring 14mm down to 7/16" for the bore?
5) Worst comes to worst, i'm not opposed to drilling out the 7/16" hole in the steering arm to 14mm and, if necessary dremeling it out and/or sanding the bolt down so as to keep a tight no-play assembly; As you can see, the steering arms are bolted to the bottom of the struts with 4 allen-type bolts:
So, if i mess things up, or if i want to go back to 7/16", they are easily replaceable. Although i don't see why i would want to go back to 7/16"....