Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone...I have received very good advice on here before, so I need some help again. I have a 68 Impala and I feel like I have bitten off more than I can chew. Nothing is fitting right, every part of the car is fighting me and I feel like giving up. I have stripped the front end off. Down to frame. Re done all the bushings, new sway bar, and installed air ride suspension. Ordered new disc brakes from Classic Performance Parts. They said I needed to remove an 1/8th inch from original steering arms and I did that. But when I put everything back together, the steering arms hit the lower control arm and it binds. Common sense says something is wrong. I think I need to find a shop in Phoenix, or fairly close, that I can take the car to be worked on one section at a time. Like pull the body off, have the frame and suspension professionally done, then bring it home for me to work on until I hit another snag. Are there shops that will do that? I know I will have to do a lot of towing back and forth, but I want to do all I can and then get help on the things I cant do. All advice is appreciated...

·
Registered
295 Posts
there is some shops in your area,,,and a lot of members too... i would also like to find good shops in this area...just didn't know where to look...if nothing else,, check with local car clubs....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.