Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this site and have built street rods and trucks in past. Latest project is 70 C10 with a few mods and FB385 motor. Been looking to see if anyone bought out or is selling similar interior products like RodDoors used to.. I find their site suggests the economy took down another business And was hoping someone here could give me a alternative.

Thanx

FSTBURN

·
Slow but willing learner
5,407 Posts
I don't know of anyone buying them out fstburn. The basics of any good door panel is using a panel board that will not deteriorate with moisture and other elements. The best I have found to use is PVC sheets. The last I bought were approximately 1/8 inch thick (3 mm). they can be sewn, glued, and formed with some gentle heat. Best of all, they are reasonably priced. I believe I gave 22 dollars for the last 4x8 sheet I bought about 2 years ago.

DanTwoLakes has some great tutorials that will provide a wealth of information for you also. I also really liked the Sid Chavers DVD on panels. Very well done panels can be made with a little foresight and initiative even if you don't sew.

Good luck, We like pictures :thumbup:

John L

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Seems like we are going back to the future and building items for our cars ourselves like we did in the old days..The economy is taking down a lot of the specialty business..

Sam

·
Slow but willing learner
5,407 Posts
Seems like we are going back to the future and building items for our cars ourselves like we did in the old days..The economy is taking down a lot of the specialty business..

Sam
It isn't all just the economy Sam. I don't think store bought billet armrests are as "in vogue" as they were. I don't take any pleasure in seeing a small business fail but personally they were not going to get much business from me. They were a pricey way to make a door panel that was no better than you can do for yourself at one third the cost.

JMHO...John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.