Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the middle of the installing my roll cage and ran into something in the NHRA 09 Rulebook that I have a question on. The car will run in the 9's this year, so I am installing a roll cage and I have the main hoop, 2 rear braces, and the cross brace installed. In the book concerning what they call the "D" bars (two inside bottom bars from the main hoop angled downward and inward), it says that these are manditory if the main hoop is attached via steel plates instead of them welded to the frame. My main hoop and rear braces are all welded to the frame directly, so do I still need these "D" bars to be legal?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
534 Posts
IMO the more bars you got the better, good cage makes the car work better!

bluzman2004 said:
I am in the middle of the installing my roll cage and ran into something in the NHRA 09 Rulebook that I have a question on. The car will run in the 9's this year, so I am installing a roll cage and I have the main hoop, 2 rear braces, and the cross brace installed. In the book concerning what they call the "D" bars (two inside bottom bars from the main hoop angled downward and inward), it says that these are manditory if the main hoop is attached via steel plates instead of them welded to the frame. My main hoop and rear braces are all welded to the frame directly, so do I still need these "D" bars to be legal?
Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Each NHRA (No Harley Rules Anticipated) Division has a Tech Rep. Call him. Don't wait until you have to face the capricious and arbitrary interpretations of your local track tech inspectors. I've seem some scary stuff passed and some mindless demands..... ah, never mind. I'm done racing thanks to the management of my local track.

·
Premium Member
6,623 Posts
Put em in, might save your life one day. Forget the rule book when it comes to safety, always go above the minimum is a good rule of thumb.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.