Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased this swapped truck with knowing MOST of its weak points (mostly minor work) until...........

BRAKE light on dash comes on around that sweet 35-37mph range.

After investigating I properly installed new brake switch and the light still comes on at 35-37, HOWEVER, I did see that the ECM has no fuse.

When i go to do a soft code test to find brake lamp issue will it work because ECM is disabled?

Or, because the brake pedal is pretty darn soft and the brakes are making some "warn out" noise (no alignment or wear issues, shimmy etc) should i just bypass the ABS AND PULL THE ABS SENSOR AND DISABLE ABS ENTIRELY??????????

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i did away with ABS on my 89' c1500. I had soft pedal, new master cylinder didn't help. this may help 1990 C1500 ABS (RWAL) removal.
so you still have a case of the softies? I hate soft pedal. I was doin research on RWAL removal one guy unplugged all the lines and plumbed them all together and deleted the whole spagheti bowl of plumbing and ABS all together.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no more soft pedal. it worked out perfect.
awesome! You couldnt have heplped me more. I do hear the rears squeaking and with the previous owner's lack of attention to this awesome truck im sure the drums need to be tightened up or replaced even after i remove the RAWL.

Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts