Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my problem. I have a 1975 caprice glasshouse. Some people think why bother but I love this car. The engine is perfect and so is the frame. The quarter panels have no rust but it had a vinyl top and that is where the rust comes into play. I have 4 spots that have to be replaced. The worst is all along the base of the quarter window on the drivers side. Two of the other 3 are on the were the window meets the roof on the rear of the roof and the other is a small section right in the front next to the front window. How would you go about repalcing these areas and what would you use? They all need to be replaced and the spot next to the quarter window has rusted through. It goes from the front edge to the rear edge and a little up the side inbetween the the rear and the side window. I have never done work like thsi and I am afraid to see how much a shop would charge me.

3,214 Posts
If it were me, I would find a donor car and use it for patch panels. Cut the pieces you need from it, Cut the pieces large enough to use lap joints and go all the way to the factory joints. Drill out the spot welds and plug weld there. Will take some time, but is do-able.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts