Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
put up or shut up
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wouldn't that be just perfect? Sometimes I have to use the durablock round block but am skeptical if I know the area isn't pretty straight already so I sometimes reach for my stiffer teardrop block, but has anyone out there put a rod thru a round durablock? Seems like a good idea for the skinny rectangle one too. man, I'm interested in finding out more. Anyone?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
If I need an absolutely stiff round durablock I use PVC pipe. A 1/2" diameter is really good at getting into body curves with radii too small for the round durablock to fit completely into.

·
put up or shut up
3,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah but that surface sounds kind of too hard and the paper won't sand the same. I dunno, that semi stiff dura block rubber is something I'm very fond of if the darn block can stay straight... but let's be honest, most or all those blocks tweak a little bit but not like the round flimsy one.

·
Hotrodders.com moderator
9,581 Posts
Just an idea is to take a piece of metal and wrap it with some sort of foam or other material to give the "give" that you want and use that as a block. Myself if I need a block of a particular shape I use a piece of pine board and carve it to the shape i need and apply some sticky back paper and sand away.. seems to work good on feature lines and such..

Sam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.