Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm finally laying some paint on my cutlass. I'm using bc/cc ppg omni "gulfstream blue metallic" I am painting in stages, hood trunk and misc first then I'll shoot the rest of the car. I know you should really do it all together with metallics, but because of space limitations I had no choice. I still have the main body of the car including jambs and am down to 2/3 of a gallon (unmixed) I told my jobber that I wanted a gallon and a quart but he talked me into one gallon instead. My question is : Do you think I should have him mix up a quart and use it for the jambs or maybe the first coat then use the stuff I already have?I might make it with what I have now but it would suck running out before I'm done. :eek:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Very little is worse than running out of paint near the end of your job. Omni is not known to provide quite the coverage of the premium lines so you may use a little more than you expect.
Do you really want to risk it for a $35 quart of paint? I would not. Buy the paint:nono:

·
Registered
54 Posts
i would have to agree, go ahead and buy the extra for that "just in case". Use the extra first, then use you old stuff to cover it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts