Hot Rod Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. This is my first post here. I am helping build a 53 chevy truck for a buddy that was deployed overseas to fight in Afghanistan.
I have a question or to. We are doing a simple patina look. The whole truck is in a filler primer after a lot of rust repair was done. Then so far the cab was coated in red oxide. WE have yet to work on doors and bed. Here is what i am looking at. doing a final color in a blue or a white then sanding through to the red and grey in places. Letting it set outside to let the red and grey run and kinda dye the outer layer of paint then bring back inside, scuff and coat. Now i was told that i could coat the whole truck with dcb500 as the clear since it is a binder and it also has a uv protestant.

So i would just like some ideas on what to do or if this will work. This is not a top shelf state of the art build. Simple, cheap and different. We are trying to keep the cost of everything low. We are leaving some dents and things like that.

·
Automotive Extraordinaire
1,278 Posts
Well, if you are after the patina look, check this out:
Powerblock | Tips For Restoring Cars, Trucks | Full Episodes | Spike | Trucks | SPIKE

That's a fairly straight forward way to get it done for cheap and easy.
As for the clear, I wouldn't use the DBC500, it is an intercoat clear and is not intended to be used without top coating with a regular clear. I would recommend using a satin gloss top coat clear once you have the look you want.

Kelly

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.