Hot Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm in the process of resto-modding my 66 Mustang Coupe and ran into some little rust holes in the drip rail/channel above the passenger door. I know the best way to fix the rust (not the cheapest, but overall the best for longevity) is to cut it out and weld in new metal. I've been looking for some place taht carries the sheetmetal that would fit in that spot but have been unable to find any.

Anyone here know where I can find this replacement metal??

I've got a couple of rust holes in other places as well (passesnger door, near the front at the bottom and the rear drivers side panel just in front of the wheel), but I can find the metal to replace those parts.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Unless your wanting to replace the entire panels your better off fabricating your own sheetmetal patches. Bodpanels are sold for first gen mustangs pretty inexspensivly. Just look around there are hundreds of places. As for the drip rails you will need to fab your own out of sheetmetal, there are no pre formed patch panels sold that I know of. Your only other alternative is to get another parts car mustang to cut up for relacment panels. Buy a 4x8' sheet of sheetmetal and go from there, its not easy but its cheap.

HK

1 - 3 of 3 Posts