Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,971 Posts
s10 and explorer are the only interchangeable directly due to spring pack distance.

but shocks mount differently

also you would need the explorer driveshaft yoke and a special u joint from napa

we just replaced the 8.8 under a 94 explorer the other day

and i have a 91 s-10 2wd pickup right now

so if you want pics measurements etc lemme know

but the explorer axle is wider i know that yeah

·
Registered
252 Posts
I used the s10 shock mount that is part of the plate that the u-bolts go through. The explorer is about the best swap there is for an s10. I spent $300 on mine. You can't beat the value. A 31 spline axle with a posi and disc brake for $300. You could find it even cheaper depending on where you're located.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the response. this question is for my latest project. A 49 international going on an s-10 chassis. I have a 355 sbc to go in it. I don't think the stock rear end would handle the abuse. not sure what transmission I am going to use at this point, t350, t400, 4 speed or 5 speed. time will tell. this truck will be a 4 link rear with air bags front and rear.
Also thinking about a 3" chop. that one is undecided also.
Has any body have any picts of one done like this. or any suggestions on the subject.
any way thanks again for the feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.