Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Chevy Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am able to get a hold of an 1999 S10, everything but the engine. Not a problem, the problem is I have a 350 that i want to stick in it, but i want to keep the 5-speed. I was told that it wouldn't work if i was to get it hooked together with an adaptor or something, but that the gears wouldn't hold up. any info would help, thanks. :confused:

·
Newskool
246 Posts
If I remember correctly the 5 speed models came with a 4banger. Thats the case in my brothers early 90's sonoma atleast and they are very similar models.

The gears would get chewed up in no time. If you granny drove it I bet you could get a few months out of the transmission but I'm almost positive it wouldn't last very long. I would suggest running an older transmission with overdrive in it. Custom crossmember, driveshaft and possibly larger tunnel.

I may be wrong. Maybe someone else here is more familiar with newer s10's.

·
Registered
8 Posts
chop1980

If it had a factory 4.3 in it it will work... I have a friend that just put a 350 in his S-10 and it worked well... seems to run fine and wraps out great... I do not know if he had to put any spacer/connectors in the place of a gap or if he got a shorter driveshaft but, he did it and he is not a half asser... it is done to last... I will get ahold of him and see if he has a little time to come over and we may set up a time for you to talk with him... his was an 99 also... I will see what I can find out for you...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.