Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've started a project where I'm putting my '54 Chevy truck body on an S10 4x4 frame and installing a sb 350. After researching motor mounts I'm having a hard time getting a definitive answer on what mounts to use. Do anyone have any info? Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
4,351 Posts
Since your using a 4x4 frame you will need mounts that are for a 4 wheel drive frame as the 2wd ones will not work very well on them especially for moving things around. I have a 2wd chevy s10 with a v8 and there are even a few options for different mounts. I use the 2.8 v6 mounts and I don't know if they would really work well with a 4x4 or not as I don't think they would.

I know that on some of the s10's that was a 4x4 you would want the mounts that would be for a 4.3 v6 that was on a 4x4 and the 4.3 is basically the same as a v8 minus the two front cylinders and most things would bolt right in. That is about as much as I know for that. I know there are a few other members here that have chevy s10's with v8's in them but I don't know if any are 4 wheel drive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts