Hot Rod Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have been sanding 2K urethane high build primer and wearing a 3m dust mask. (The plain ones all white in color with no vents) However at the end of the day I see dust when I blow my nose so I know it is not stopping the dust. Is there a better dust mask to use? One with a breathing valve? I don't want to use my 3m painting mask with the 2 filters on it, that seems like overkill. I'd like to be safe so any ideas on a better mask? I don't want to wet sand this stuff either...

Thanks....

·
Registered
468 Posts
There is a mask that is similar to the one your using now that is thicker and has a breathing valve on it for when you exhale. You can only purchase them where you purchase your auto paint. Hardware and auto parts stores don't carry them.

·
fat fendered fleetside
18 Posts
I have an old set of organic vapor carts that I cut open and dumped all the charcoal out of. the dust filters clip over the OV cartridge. I find it's alot more comfortable(easier to breathe, talk etc) to wear with the cut out OV carts, and seals alot better than the paper fiber masks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.